Translate

Wednesday 22 March 2017

RESENSI BUKU

The Book of Forbidden Feelings
Judul : The Book of Forbidden Feelings
Penulis : Lala Bohang
Penerbit : Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Tebal Buku : 152 Halaman
ISBN : 9786020331898
Cetakan pertama, 2016
Rating : 4 dari 5






Blurb:


I wanted to say, 
"I would love to know your
obsessions, Is it landed house,
gadgets, power, domestic life,
succulent plants, achievements, money,
work, more likes and followers,
health, validations, sex, organic
food, pets, perfect selfies, children,
sports, religion, relationship,
minimalism, perfection, muscles,
urban toys, shoes, traveling, or fame?"
but nobody is prepared for that kind
of question on a first date. 
So I said, "You look great."


***

Ini adalah sebuah prosa berbahasa Inggris yang dibalut dengan ilustrasi menawan yang dibuat oleh penulis. Membaca buku ini bisa menimbulkan kesan hangat, seperti sedang dipeluk oleh masa lalu dan masa depan secara bersamaan. Emosional, tapi emosional yang tidak membuat depresi (eh, benarkah?), tidak berkoar-koar, tidak meledak-ledak. Tapi hangat, seperti sedang menyesap cokelat hangat saat hujan turun dengan derasnya. Perasaan-perasaan yang beginilah yang saya rasakan ketika membacanya. Ditambah lagi ilustrasinya menambah padu tulisan yang sedang berbicara.


Semuanya bermakna. Saya mau kutip salah satu dari lembaran buku ini secara acak:

It will never be enough.
Except purity. When
need disappear and are
replaced by nothingness.
How to be pure again?
you asked. How long is
forever? I asked back.

(hal 87)

The thing we have for the last 30 days.
I call it a distraction.
I crave your aproval
about things that matter to you.

I crave more attention for
nothing I care about.
I crave or a nonstop flow of
affection, love, kisses, more love,
your skin, and warmth.
I crave everything or nothing.


(hal 27)

Tomy Diaz/B.Inggris'15

No comments:

Ads Inside Post